We have stressed the importance of mobile recruitment and why mobile optimization is key for recruiting, but here are 6 simple steps that will help you get started when creating a mobile website. As we know, mobile devices are becoming more and more popular and we can’t forget about our mobile career site. To see if your site is mobile friendly, grab your smart phone and do a quick search, if your site looks all jumbled – then you need a mobile site and fast.
Follow These 6 Steps to Help Build a Solid Mobile Website
1) Display key info only – job seekers do not want to spend time navigating the career site to apply for your job. Keep it simple and only display the key information. Don’t just create “miniature” version of your website.
2) Quick page load – majority of job seekers or nearly 60% expect the page to load in 3 seconds are less. If your page takes longer, expect the job seeker to leave and go to a competitor’s site.
3) Remember the devices are small – job seekers are using their devices on the go. Use big buttons, check boxes, and pre-populated fields whenever possible. This creates a user-friendly experience and cuts down on the typing time on such a small device.
4) Design for all models – with all the variety of mobile devices out there, be sure your mobile site is compatible with all operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry and Nokia to name a few. You want the best possible user experience for the job seeker to not go to your competitor.
5) Automatically Redirect – even after building a solid mobile site, don’t forget this key step – redirecting your mobile job seekers automatically to your mobile career site. You will need to create a sub-domain of your main website. This results in the best user experience.
6) Track visitors – after all of your hard work track your efforts. This way you can see your visitors from mobile vs. desktop to see how your mobile visitors will grow.
Start today in creating your mobile recruiting career site and not lose out on top talent.