Social media can play a key role in attracting new talent, and Facebook is Top Dog (as far as pure numbers go). But when candidates visit your Facebook careers page, they have expectations. While the number one thing they’re looking for is job opportunities, they also want relevant posts they can interact with and share. In other words, an auto-feed of your latest listings is not compelling and won’t create a sense of community.
Get Personal with Your Facebook Careers Page
So how do you make your company’s Facebook careers page more personal? Put a face to it. It’s no secret that visually-appealing images enhance your job advertisements, but this is especially true now that photos are larger and more eye-catching in the News Feed and Timeline format.
Company Photo Ops
Images offer a fresh way to tell your company’s story on your Facebook careers page, so here are a few tips that will help your recruiting team improve their posting practices to better engage their talent community:
- Instead of the non-descript ‘Wall Photos’ album that automatically appears beneath photo posts, create a new album with an intriguing title and description that’s relevant to the images included.
- Organize job listings under an album titled ‘Our Latest Opportunities.’ To build employer brand, you can also create albums like the following: ‘Top Reasons to Work with Us,’ ‘Meet Our Newest Hires’ and ‘A Peek Inside Our Office.’
- Add new photos to your album(s) each week for an ongoing series, or create a new album filled with multiple images for a more in-depth post about an opportunity or company event.
- Your Facebook followers can ‘like’ and ‘share’ an entire album in addition to the individual photos within, creating more opportunity for new users to interact with your content.
- Each time you add a new photo to an existing album, users can click the album title to view previously posted content and catch up on posts they may have missed.
If this sounds like a lot of work, just remember: it’s not too late to organize old Wall Photos into properly labeled albums on your Facebook careers page. Here are some quick tips to get it done:
- Create a new album under Photos >> + Upload Photos
- Upload a unique cover photo, choose a name and click ‘Post Photos’
- Click ‘Add a description,’ write one and save
- Click Albums >> Wall Photos >> Edit Album >> Edit Photos
- Under each photo, click the drop-down menu that says “Move to” and choose the appropriate album
- And you’re done!